| Tuesday, May 29, 2012
- Harmonix Music Systems
- Xbox 360 - Xbox Live Arcade, Playstation 3 - Playstation Network
Harmonix is keeping the hype machine in motion for Rock Band Blitz today with an announcement unveiling some of the game’s power-ups, as well as some of the tracks that will be included in the game’s music library upon download. Since the gameplay is really the key factor in this game, we’ll just focus on the power-ups. There are over 15 in the game, spread over three categories, Overdrive, Note and one other as-of-yet unannounced category. The Overdrive category features:
- Shockwave, which shoots a sonic wave outward, earning bonus points for every note it touches. The more energy stored up, the bigger the blast.
- Jackpot, which can earn you three times the point if you play all the notes of a section perfectly. It’s a gamble though, because one missed note means zero points for that section.
Note Power-ups can be equipped to randomly scatter glowing purple notes throughout a song. Hitting those notes can trigger:
- Flame Note, which starts a fire which you can follow for bonus points.
- Runaway Note, which sends a spark down the track for you to chase.
- Synchrony, which rewards you for switching tracks on the downbeat.
Rock Band Blitz is set to launch this summer.